My Headlines

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A WIP & a pup update

Remember that knitted donut I posted about way back in october? Well - here is another little snippet of that project. And me demonstrating my completely unco-ordinated way of double knitting. Some days I just wish I knew how to do it continental style....

This rather lurid looking thing (the orange doesn't quite scream council worker in the flesh - I am just lazy and use flash photography...) will become Dilby's xmas present. I have completed the body and one sleeve- but no sneaky-peeks of those because, although Dilby's mum Lucy-lou does know what I am making, I want the finished project to be a surprise.

For those of you in the blog-o-sphere, this is an article of my own design and experimentation. And my first go at double knitting. And before you think I am a two circs kindagal, I actually prefer dpn's, but it was too difficult with the colour work to balance the multiple pointy sticks.




I have been playing around with my spinning wheel a bit, and finally figured out how to make a (fairly) even yarn. This is gorgeous emerald green merino that I bought from spin'n'knit at the crapbook and beads expo way back in August. I love the shine I am getting off of the yarn (probably a product of over-spinning) and it is a pleasure to spin. I like to sit at the wheel and chill with an audio-book on my ipod. It's my last week (ever) in the office this week, and then I probably won't have a job until March, so I am hoping in my leisure time I may be able to take a class or two at virginia farm wool works, and perhaps even learn how to ply...


And in dog news - Pierre has been learning all types of new tricks. Some we even trained him to do...

Provided you have treats at the ready, he will shake (hands, not shiver), balance way up on his hind legs (stand on tippy-toes, not beg while sitting on his hindquarters) and leopard crawl (drag his tummy along carpet)

Tuffers did discover another trick he had picked up when playing catch with him the other day - when mistakenly tossing his toy onto the dining table, P did a fair bit of sniffing before leaping onto a dining chair, as a step to jump on to the table. We now have to ensure that all the chairs are completely pushed in around the table to keep the pup away. Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Pierre is adorable!