My Headlines

Monday, October 09, 2006

And all the stitches make...

On the needles,my simple knitted bodice is advancing nicely. (crappy photo, I know) I think I have discovered why I do not have enough of the special feature yarn to do the full three inches of lace and have enough left over for hems and collar. The patterns says two skeins was required, and that may do for the sequined 'disco lights' yarn, however, beads weigh more than sequins, and the yarn is sold by weight, so the yardage is out. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I buy a beaded yarn.

And my newest experimentation - A knitted donut...

Only kidding. Inspired by the new books I am trying some knitting in the round, and incorporating colour into it by trying out double knitting. I am sorting out how to hold the yarn with my 'english' method of knitting, and think I have it sorted out, I just need to change them around when I alternate colours between front and back. Posted by Picasa

0 comments: