My Headlines

Monday, October 09, 2006

SP9 Questionaire...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love anything naturale - my current fav is silk, but I am a fan of just about anything of a critters back.

Novelty Yarns are a bit No-No (and bad Ju-Ju)

Arylic is okay when it is only a small percentage of a blend with natural fibres. I am also keen to try a lot of new fibres such as soy, banana and 'seasilk'.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Usually the plastic pocket packets they come in, in the box / basket in my knitting corner (I am not all that organised!)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Years and Years - My nan taught me when I was a young-un (>10yo) which I forgot and rediscovered out of books when I was about 12. I would consider myself to be an advanced intermediate knitter that has learnt all the basics out of books and is trying to learn new techniques from the interweb and books ordered off amazon. Someday I would like to be able to call myself a 'Master Crafts(wo)man knitter'

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not that I have written down anywhere...


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

Peppermint! Frangipani!


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Does the pope S*** in the woods? Is the Bear a catholic??? Yes, and do I have to pick just one Candy??? I'd have to say anything chocolate for starters....


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I (try to) spin and weave, and in the past have made my own clothes. If I get a working sewing machine I would like to be about to give quilting a go (thou probably not anything bigger than a metre^2)


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have eclectic taste - jazz, musicals, pop, top40, classical, house... I am not a big fan of doof-doof techno / dance music. Artists - I love Jamie Cullum, Micky Bubble, Ben Folds, Cat Empire, Robbie Williams, Jet... I also like to watch Australian Idol and am not horrified by a good cover. MP3s Are AOK.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love Green (forest, hunter, emerald) - Nice deep royal blues, maroon reds, chocolate browns. anything rich!


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my Boyfriend, Tuffers, and our furkid rascal, Pierre (who is a Papillon)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Big fan of scarves and hats in winter, but more of a gloves than a mittens person

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Anything with a nice yarn and on not too big needles (I will go up to about a 7mm, but anything over that is too much trouble). Currently I am a bit fan of articles made in the round with as little finishing as possible.


13. What are you knitting right now?

A Simple knitted bodice, some socks for Tuffers, and an experiment in reversible double knitting (I like to have a couple of things on the go)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

If a lot of thought has been put into it - ie, it was made for me


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circulars and DPNs. I have some Addi Turbos for small diameter circulars, and bamboo for larger diameter (small diameter bamboo circulars have an annoying bump where the plastic joins the needles). I will someday be spoiling myself with some nice rosewood needles to see what the fuss is about.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Not yet


17. How old is your oldest UFO?

When was 'Feathers' new and interesting and the only novelty yarn on the market? I planned to make something out of it before I new better (possible mid-teenage years?). It currently lines my wooden stash box against moths


18. What is your favorite holiday?

Any that let me sleep in! If I was American I would say Halloween, (you dress up and get candy!) but we don't really have that here.


19. Is there anything that you collect?

Tuffers would ask if there was anything I didn't collect. Yarn ;) Books, Giraffes, SingStar games, Oroton handbags and accessories, Notebook: magazines, Disneyana, Cool sesame st toys..... old reciepts, packaging from electrical appliances.. oh wait, that's the stuff Tuffers is now getting me to throw out :)


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Nil mag subscritions (the Aussies ones are that crash hot - if I see a pattern I like I'll find the issue at the newsagents) - I love the online mags.

yarns - Handmaiden Seasilk, Noro silk garden, Cashmerino, anything that feels nice to the touch

books / patterns - I'd like to check out Alice Stanmore's Tudor Roses, and I'd like a good stitch bible, a dictionary of cast-on/cast/off methods and some new finishing techniques.

needles - I'd like to take rosewood for a test drive.


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Advanced techniques that aren't covered in the 'regular' learn to knit books.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am beginning to jump on the sock bandwagon (turning heels is very satisfying) - I have a size 8.5 foot (Uk/Eur 39)


23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 28th March

0 comments: