My Headlines

Monday, October 09, 2006

In knitting news... some reviews

I came home one day last week to find a giant nylon sack sitting on my doorstep. Inside was a cardboard carton carrying my Amazon order of new knitting books...

The sweater workshop by Jacquelyn Fee
A guide to how to knit sweaters in the round in one piece. It has a 'sweater sampler' in it that you knit to practise all the skills you need to finish a sweater with a professional toiuch

Knitting and Sweater Design in Plain English by Maggie Righetti
The former is a learn to knit book, but contains a lot of common sense hints, because it is written by a knitter. The latter is a technical manual to create your own designs. Both very good, and looking forward to putting it into action
At knit's end by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka 'The Yarn Harlot'
Nice little 'thoughts of the day' that relate directly to knitting. I actually found this one in Dymocks - and made a start on it while a friend was shopping for cycling clothes. Very entertaining.
Stitch'n Bitch by Debbie Stoller
A learn to knit book with attitude. I have advanced well past what this book has in it, and perhaps would not have bought it if I had the oppotunity to browse through it in a bookstore. However, I wanted to see what the fuss was about, and I will loan it to my sister who will get some good use out of it. Posted by Picasa

0 comments: