My Headlines

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Pierre's extended family

Time to meet Pierre's extended family - who he has only known existed for the past two weeks...
First of all, the grumpy old man of the family, Pierre's great uncle Max (short for Maximillian). Max resides at my parents house, and in case you can't tell, he is the reason I wanted a Papillon. Next to Max (who looks like the King of Pride Rock), Pierre is really tiny. Eventually P will become just as fluffy, grand and majestic. Now, the reason Max is the grumpy old man - he is pushing 11 or 12 years now, rather old for a dog. This dang kid hanging around, wanting to play all day just doesn't suit him.

Next in the family is my brother's dog Gaz (I don't think that is short for anything.) Gaz lives in my brother's backyard, which just happens to be next door to my parent's house. Gaz is about a year or so old, so he has energy enough to out-excite P. To try and give Gaz a bit of entertainment, my Dad built this window in the fence. Pierre likes to stop by everytime we go outside to say hello. Max also says hello every so often (Puppies are fine if there is a fence separating them from him) Pierre did crawl into Gaz's yard a few times when we first go here (through the teeny tiny gap in the fence) but we blocked that up because it was too difficult to get him to crawl out again.

And finally, the 'babies' of the family (I use the term loosely as they are already at least 3x the size of P) My sis's 4 mounth old hounds, Toby the spoodle and Elvis the mini-schnauzer. As you can see, Pierre loves hanging out with these two. Believe it or not, he is the dominate one out of the three - he steals food, bones and toys off the other two. We spent the past few days at my Sis's, but due to the fact Pierre is a bad influence on these two, (she says he is untrained, I say he is stubborn...) I think she was glad when we left. Posted by Picasa

0 comments: