My Headlines

Thursday, January 04, 2007

And now for something completely different...

No pictures of things I have knitted, either on or off the needles today. However, I still have lots of pictures...

First of all, I forgot to mention yesterday that my sister gave me a hank of gorgeous NZ wool she picked up on her recent holiday across the Tasman - it is spun from both white and black sheep so has a natural colour. My mum also got a ball (bottom left - which I wound up for her with my new toys) and has started to knit a satchel with it. She loves it because the colour perfectly matches this cute NZ sheepie scarf she found at a football game last year so she will have a co-ordinating set.

Secondly - here is the tea-cosy that sis gave to Mum yesterday, used as intended (rather than Nico's interesting interpretation of the item). My sister has a really funky modern tea-pot. It looks great, makes a HUGE pot of tea but unfortunately doens't fit stock standard tea-cosys - that's how mum ended up with this one. And by the way, this isn't made in a self-striping yarn, but Patons inca, which has three different colours plyed together, and each ply changes colour at a different place in the yarn from the others. It is just the flash photography that makes it look like this.
Also, on cool things my sister has done- she made me three funky stitch markers that spelt out my name (two are on the far left - the third is marking the Dale Ladybug Sweater) and inspired me to make my own. I don't have the talent for making my own jewellery like she does, but I think I have done okay with the stitch-markers. You can't read it in the photo, but those small round green ones have "I <3 to knit" written in the middle. (hmm, just checked the YarnHarlot, and we are both posting about beads today - kooky, eh)
And finally, some cute doggie pics, as I probably won't have a chance to post again until after the weekend. From left to right:-
- Pierre and his "uncle" Max - not growling and chasing each other round my parents house for a change,
- Pierre enjoys a good yarn (it's a length of Totem left over from Dilby's jumper - I used it to distract him from the toy Max was playing with)
- And my baby, looking oh-so-sweet-and-innocent, sleeping on my lace panel sweater.

















4 comments:

Taphophile said...

Pierre and Max look like they are plotting the takeover of the yarn empire you and your mother and sister are building - beware the cute dog with yarn fixation...

Irish Clover said...

Hey Ginger Nut! Thanks for visiting my blog and trust me, I have been a spinning madwoman lately! Your singer sewing box is beautiful (and quite special) and congratulations on your first 2007 FO!!! Talk to you soon.

Amy J said...

It's Jet Color 4, not inca! Sorry for the correction!

abe-hap said...

I want to make some markers too - but I cant find decent split pins that I want or and crab claw clips - yours look great - and Pierre is adorable as usual x0x0x :)