My Headlines

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Roarin'

If you happen to find your self roarin' along the Hume HWY between Geelong and Canberra (or, more prescisely, Holbrook and Gundagai) you'll have to slow down to 50km/h to drive through the small town of Tarcutta - while your hitting the brakes, you may as well stop for a break..

After all, the rest stop is on the side of the road, the loos there have running water (rather than that pit-in-the-ground) and there happens to be this place....

The Farmhouse Industries Handcraft shop, which happens to stock....

These basketfuls of hand- spun, -dyed, and -painted yarns...

... a few skeins followed me home :) (left to right - two hanks of handpainted angora 8ply, a handpainted wool 3ply and a handspun wool, all by Annie Gregg design)I bought all this last friday when driving up to Canberra. I couldn't resist starting to knit with the angora again on saturday. This was my progress when we went out to lunch at about 1230.Of course, I was trying to perfect my Roarin' Forties hat pattern, and it just so happened that Lucy-lou loved these blue-toned reds.THE STATS

NAME : Roarin' Forties #2
PATTERN: My own
YARN: Annie Gregg Design Angora 8-ply in blue-tinted reds
YARN SOURCE: Farmhouse industries craft shop Tarcutta
NEEDLES: 3.75mm DPNs and Circulars
COMPLETED 07 Jan 07

Lucy-lou and I couldn't resist doing a bit of a model-shoot with out new hats :)
And while I was tackling another project, Pierre was tackling one of Bridi's bones...
I'd say he's trying a bit of more than he can chew...

3 comments:

Taphophile said...

Yup, got it - must call into Tarcutta next time I'm tooling down the Hume. The hat is just gorgeous.

Pierre is rather ambitious, isn't he? Think big, Pierre - it's the only way to go.

chocolatetrudi said...

Oh my. The beau and I have driven past that shop every year for the last three years and never realised such treasures were waiting inside! Next time I'm definitely going exploring.

Thanks for the tip!

http://staciesadventures.blogspot.com said...

I know this is one of your older posts, Ginger_Nut, but I love this 40s style hat and wonder if you will share the pattern???
~Stacie