My Headlines

Friday, January 12, 2007

thou shalt no longer covet thy neighbours sea silk

When Taryn over at Purl Yarns announced a stash-endowing sale, I could no longer resist. For far too long I have been coveting Pamela's seasilk, and so I bought the last 3 skeins - on sale!

In case you can't tell from the pic above, I have the pumpkin and straw colourways. Although these didn't look too appealing on my computer screen, I cannot express how wonderfully bright and cheerful they are in the flesh (or should that be kelp?) I still want some in that yummy ocean colourway (named for the sea, smells like the sea, colour of the sea - it seems to fit so well) but this will hold me until Taryn gets her next (long awaited) delivery from Handmaiden with more stock...

And it seems there will be a pattern in the next Yarn magazine featuring this scrumptious yarn. I am not sure what I will do with this yet - perhaps a lacy shrug, or maybe I will enter the realm of shawls.... but for now I will let it marinate in my stash, and enjoy the sight, smell and feel of it.

4 comments:

abehap said...

*lol* you are sounding like a yarnaholic! - cant wait to see what this beautiful yarn becomes.

Polly said...

OMIGOD it is so pretty and shiney... I think I will go find it and buy it in the ocean colorway.,,, though that orange is so amazing and bold too...

Donni said...

Ohhhhh- I have been eyeing that yarn off for ages.....couldn't bring myself to do it....fantastic.

Kate said...

I'm glad you bought that because you have now removed temptation from my sight. Until the new lot arrives!