My Headlines

Monday, January 01, 2007

First FO for 07

I didn't work on Tuffers Xmas socks #3 last night, but I did knit...

That gorgeous stormy sea handpainted angora yarn I bought in Tarcutta was calling to me. It was telling me it really, really wanted to be a hat.

But not just any hat - this was a special yarn so it needed to be a hat with class...

So at about 7pm last night I cast-on, did a little shaping, made a little brim, and generally just played and created the pattern as I went along...

and Voila!

May I present Roarin' Forties, a very cute, top-down, in-the-round hat.

I had just enough yarn in the 56gm skein - this is all that I have left! (also, this picture is a truer represntation of the colour of the yarn, for some reason all of the lovely stormy sea greens tend to so up some icky yellow in all the pictures I took of the hat)

I think this is one of the fastest projects I have completed, taking less than 24 hours from start to finish, but Mum keeps telling everyone it took me a whole year (having started in 2006 and not finishing til 07)

THE STATS (in which I blatently copy Wendy)
Name: Roarin' Forties
Pattern: My Own
Yarn: Annie Gregg Design handpainted angora 8ply (DK, sportweight)
Yarn source: Farmhouse Industries Craft Shop, Tarcutta
Needles: 3.75mm DPNs, circular 40cm and circlar 80cm
Completed: 01 January 2007


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - wishing you many stitches and few bitches!

2 comments:

Taphophile said...

Great hat! Tarcutta is a source of handpainted yarn previously unknown to me, but going down on my list of places to visit. Will also let the SnB at Wagga know.
Happy New Year to you, too.

Polly said...

YOUR HAT IS ADORABLE! I want to make one now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR (and good job on first FO, I think you beat every knitter in the world on that)