My Headlines

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sydney - sorry for the thunderstorm...

Okay - so the forecast for this weekend may be fine and 28, but that may change..

Inspired by the recent fine weather, Tuffers and I went shopping. On Sunday a brand-spankin' new BBQ was purchased (stainless steel, four burner plus extra for wok, hood with window etc etc)... and some outdoor furniture was browsed. Due to the fact that Myer couldn't order the set we were about to buy in for another month (this after we spent 45min in the store waiting for them to get their act together) I was given the order to drive out to the supacentre and find something stylish, sturdy and solid wood (Tuffers was out of town, so I got to shop but he provided the credit card...) I found a great 7pce setting, with additional umbrella and stand for half-price at Knott's Pine. Both purchases are being delivered tomorrow...

Now, why the forecast may change.. In line with washing your car, and going camping, I am fairly certain that purchasing brand-spakin' new outdoor furniture and BBQ means the weather will turn drizzly and wet therefore ruining any enjoyment in said activity. Throw in on top of that, my parents are visiting from Melbourne, and you can see why I have my doubts about the weather this weekend. Especially as we are planning to do Taronga Zoo, the Blue Mountains, the Manly ferry and markets, and the Bondi coastal walk. Alas - I have an umbrella, and we are all aclimatised to 'four seasons in one day', so I think we will survive and enjoy our outings regardless. Apoligies to the rest of Sydney if they don't...

In other news, I got my delivery from Sarah's yarns today. Tucked inside the yankee bag was some Jagerspun colour cards thrown in for free. Before you say "not more green" - I have to mention that I was really keen on Morroccan Blue, but didn't want to pay through the nose at some other retailer when such a great sale was on a Sarah's. So it was either olive, burnt olive or atmosphere. Being a red-head I had to go for the green over the silver. (aside: I have just booked in for a hair appointment tomorrow, and am considering going short [marilyn monroe-esque] and darker [auburn towards downright brunette] so that may become a moot point, although I think olive will still suit a brunette me better). I love the tilli tomas bag that came with the yarn (but is this what $US39 a skein gets you? A gimmicky carry bag?) The skeins look really teeny tiny and I am not sure I will get a simple knitted bodice out of it all, but perhaps they have mystical properties akin to a Mary Poppins bag or the Magic Pudding. But yes, the yarns feel divine and I love the beads in rock star. I now need to finish my ISE scarf so I can start swatching with my 4.5mm needles.

Update on the scarf - am up to the last ball of yarn. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have cast-off and be up to blocking...

The cable jet top is on hold - I am waiting for my addi turbo circulars (I ordered ages ago) to show up. I am sick of knitting on the bright green plastic straight things... Addi's - hurry up puhlease.... Posted by Picasa

0 comments: