My Headlines

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bugger Blogger...

I just wrote a huge post about the week I had with my parents and blogger ate it... evil blogger, evil blogger....

First of all - perhaps this should have gone in the zoo post, but my mummy bought me this cool mobile phone charm. I have a thing for giraffes and aparently this was just too good to pass up.. I agree
The first full day (Thursday) with my parents went well, we headed down to the famous (or sometimes infamous) Bondi Beach, where I tried out my new, cute haircut (it is somewhere between Marilyn Monroe and Shirley Temple - I kept telling the stylist 'shorter, shorter') Due to the hot (spring) weather the back of my neck turned red (and not the sexy auburn red my new hair is, but that terrible bright fire-engine red - bah sunburn).

On Sunday we did Sydney's other famous beach - Manly. We caught the extremely crowded ferry across, tripped the markets and walked the foreshore, before taking shelter (in the pub) from the sand whipped up by the gale force winds. I'd never done the Manly Ferry before, so I tried to get prime position outside towards the bow (pointy bit of the boat for you non-nautical types). It was rather crowded, so I didn't quite get uninterupted sea-breezes, but the new hair got a distinctively different style due to the blustery day...
Most days started with brekky at the new outdoor setting - it got lots of use, and Pierre got to explore new territory in the front yard. Tuffers cooked us a fantastic BBQ the night before my parents left - my current favourite food is BBQ-ed corn-on-the-cob (it reminds me of 4th of July, not that I had this delicacy while in America, but it does none-the-less)

Monday was a rather quite day - Dad took Pierre for a long walk, while Mum and I enjoyed the peace and quiet (Tuffers had to fly across the country for work again). I have finished my
ISE project - well, almost - it needs a little blocking :) No pictures because I want to keep it a surprise until my pal gets it in the mail. I started my Simple knitted bodice with the silk. I really like 'working from the top' but the rows were getting rather long and time consuming before I took the sleeves out. I am getting rather annoyed working with the 'rock star' beaded yarn, but love working with the straight silk. I frogged a few rows last night, and discovered that beaded yarns are incredibly difficult to pull out... however I love the effect and really want to finish this top..

Unfortunately, with my parents being here I forgot all about SOCK WARS... I better get started or else I will just be sending a ball of yarn to my assasin... And I need to remember to keep them out of reach of the pup - he has turned into quite a sock thief of late, so I can image that hand knitted socks would just be nirvana to him...

Oh - and my addi-turbos arrived in the mail on Monday. Looks like work can continue with the cable jet sweater.. So many projects so little time.... Posted by Picasa

0 comments: