My Headlines

Friday, April 06, 2007

gatecrashing in Canberra

As you have probably guessed, I am down in Canberra hanging out with Lucy-lou and her newly grown family. Hubby-lou was kind enough to hook my laptop up to his network in order to let me blog and surf the net and all other manner of fun computery stuff...


Well, first things first, I know you are all dying to see pictures of the adorable baby Huey - shown here napping on his sheepskin with his big brother Dilby.


Huey is a teeny-tiny ball of adorableness (he is still a tad bit small for a 0000!)- he has spidery arms and legs (very long and oh-so-skinney) and hasn't quite grown into his skin yet so at times it looks like gorgeous pink elephanty-type wrinkles around his elbows and knees.

And here is Dilby, who turned two last weekend (although he is usually a ball of hyperactive dancing and laughter, it appears he is beginning to show signs of the dreaded 'terribles'.... especially when it is time for his nap) This is the boy at his adorable best - helping me out by modelling my newly finished Shadow Tweed Cable Raglan (stats are a bit further down!) As you can probably tell - Dilby is a bit of a joker most of the time.


Being in Canberra, I took the opportunity last night to gate-crash the S'n'B in Civic. There were LOTS of knitters there (I found out that there were a couple of extra ring-ins like myself) and ended up staying quite late. The picture on the right is of Bells, who celebrated her 1 year blogiversary yesterday and me, showing off my new project - which uses up some of my ebay bargain Cashmerino SuperChunky . This picture was kindly taken by Jejune and emailed to me last night.



And speaking of Jejune - here she is with her problem child, Lulu, who appears to be attempting to reclaim wool that appeared to already been processed. Perhaps Jejune should show Lulu the picture of Huey and Dilby on the sheepskin so she gets the idea of can happen if the sheep don't have their fleece sheared off... And Bells has magically jumped into this picture too...



Of course, I did meet lots of other great knitters too - including Dotter (mentioned quite frequently on Jejune's blog) who I am suspecting if concocting a plan to kidnap Pierre...



...and Taph - who I ended up staying out past my curfew because we were having such a great chat (considering this was only our second face-to-face meeting, it was a fantastic chat and allowed me to talk through a couple of issues I am sorting through at the moment. Just one of the reason I love the knitting-blogosphere so much!)



...and the self proclaimed Caffeine Faery, who shares my passion of literature, pop-culture and vampire slayers, and well as being a knitter...



...and Brenda, who I don't think is a knitter but was happily cross-stitchin'n'bitchin'



...and many others who's names have escaped me since last night (I got lost getting out of the carpark, and then finding a fuel station, before being pulled over by the cops for a breath-test and having a rego-check done... with all that happening I am surprised I remembered the names I did!)



And without any further ado...




THE STATS
NAME: Shadow Tweed Cable Raglan
PATTERN: My Own
YARN: Paton's Shadow Tweed
YARN SOURCE: The wool inn at Penrith
NEEDLES: 6.5mm clover bamboo 80cm circulars, Knitpicks Options 7mm
COMPLETED: 05 April 07

And here it is on me - this is a great comfy sweater for around the house, although it is fairly casual, and I know there are a few errors in it, I think the yarn is such great colours it hides mistakes and is very forgiving. I have worn it (almost) non-stop since I finished it yesterday morning. And for those of you playing at home, Dilby is wearing the super-funkified-reversible-double-knit-weasley-sweater I gave him for Christmas. Still a bit big, but it was the first day cold enough to pull it out of the wardrobe... so Hubby-lou decided to give me a thrill and pop it on him.

4 comments:

Bells said...

oh look! there we are. How great to see you last night! Thanks so much for coming along and for showing off your gorgeous work! that Shadow Tweed...oh my.....

All the best with the move...will look forward to news of you.

And thank you for the DVD. We watched it this morning!

Kate said...

Hey, you jet-setting knitter you - are you going to travel to Geelong via knitting Groups? It would be a great way to travel, methinks.

Jejune said...

Great photos, especially of the kidlets! Thanks for commenting on my Blog, despite your natural reticence :)

Lulu has been removed from the same room as the pink shawl - I don't *quite* trust her...

Thanks again for the Short Films DVD - we watched most of them this evening :)

Hope said...

those are fabulous colours for you, and it's a nice pattern too, you must be stoked.