My Headlines

Friday, April 13, 2007

Help a gal out!

After Pierre ate the original headphones that came with my ipod, I went a hunting for a replacement.

I decided to buy some skullcandy earbuds for 3 reasons:

1 - the were a funky pink colour
2 - they donate funds to increase breast cancer awareness (if you buy the cool pink headphones)
3 - they have this cool warranty - no matter how you destroy you headphones they will replace them for half price.

Anyhoo - I use the headphones mainly when I am spinning, as I like to zone out and listen to audiobooks. The earbuds I got were noise-cancelling, and incredibly comfortable...

Until Pierre got to them...

...and created this carnage...

I am in contact with skullcandy at the moment to organise a replacement, but while cruising round their site, found that they were having a promo - but their banner on your website, have 100 people click on it, and get free headphones. Considering my run so far, I think I could do with all the headphones I could get...

So see this banner (here and in my sidebar) - click it. If possible, leave a comment here if you do so I can try and keep count of how many clicks I get.


And I also need help...

...to find a new stitch'n'bitch in Victoria. I'm keen to have one inGeelong (I'm thinking pubknitting) and haven't had any luck finding a group there yet. I may have to start one!

But - I'd also like to meet some of the Melbourne knitters - or gate-crash other groups in Victoria. So if your a Victorian knitter and you stumble across this, please let me know about any knitting groups. If I've missed a crucial website that has this info on it - please point me that way!

11 comments:

Lara said...

I clicked. Sending Mark over.

abe-hap said...

heres the victoria spinning & knitting guild link
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~handspin/contact1.htm

and this is the handknitters guild in melbourne.
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~knitters/index.html

Veronica said...

Clicked. Cool watch/mp3 player. Too bad they're not available in Canada.

chocolatetrudi said...

Here's the snb-melbourne yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snb-melbourne/?yguid=263963677

Check the calendar for the Geelong Knits meet. But also mail the group and ask if the details are correct, because ... well... I get the impression they often aren't on the calendar!

Jejune said...

Have clicked - always happy to support research into breast cancer, have a friend who is currently undergoing treatment...

And bad Pierre for making a replacement necessary!

Are the Skullcandy earplug phones small and comfy? I really need something that's more comfortable than the ones that came with my iPod - I have really small ears, and have trouble getting anything that doesn't hurt...

Good luck finding a Geelong SnB - or starting one yourself :)

Donna said...

Clicked!

amanda j said...

I clicked. I think you should teach Pierre to click and to ask all his doggy friends to click too!

Pamela Lee said...

I was just about to give you the details for the snb-melbourne Yahoo group, but I see someone beat me to that. :)

So instead, I've just clicked on the banner for you too, and even let the animation play all the way through just in case it was important for the page to load fully. I'm still not getting the connection between products which see themselves as hip and Flash/Shockwave websites, but I hope it stops soon as it took me a whole weekend once to order some things from T2's supposedly award winning website. :p Don't they realize how incredibly painful these things are when you just want to get in and find the information or place an order?

Anyway...Hope it helps. :)

gemma said...

I was good and clicked your link too.
cheers

Anonymous said...

I have a puppy too!! What else can we do when we live with our pets. Hope you get your replacement...I clicked on the link for you
Kind Regards
Lois

Paisley said...

I clicked. good luck with getting some new ear phones - Pierre did a good demolition job on the old ones.