My Headlines

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

more spin

I had a little more fun with my spinning wheel today!

I plyed the left over of my green merino with some plain white I practised with earlier to make this slubby yarn I am going to call "Peppermint Cane". It's 52g of merino goodness.


I spent a bit of time at the wheel today, because I also finished spinning and plying the merino silk blend. I am really proud of how this turned out - the yarn is much more even - I must be getting better...



Here is a close-up of the yarn - I found the silk made it a little more difficult. It tended to want to stick to itself and create little slubs every so often, but I don't think it mattered that much :) I managed to get 94g out of this one - only a lonely 6g of single sitting on the bobbin still...

Now, for something very out of character.. a WIP that isn't green!

This is going to be a cotton polo shirt of my own design. I am using yarn I got for a steal off ebay - I think it is roughly a DK weight cotton. This will be in mainly moss stitch, with a hem, some waist shaping, set in sleeve and funky orange stripes across the chest. I am taking a bit of a chance trying to design this - its my first big work in cotton, my first time trying to get stripes to line up on set-in sleeves and my first time trying to write down the pattern as I go. Hopefully I won't get too many headaches :S

And Pierre says:
I can balance on narrow ledges, why should a cat like Lucy have all the fun in blogland? I wanna quote too...

(okay - a blatant Wendy rip-off, but P was being very cat-like today...)

1 comments:

Lara said...

You've done a lot of moss stitch since sunday! Looking good.