My Headlines

Friday, February 02, 2007

return of the coffee wench...

I have been a slack blogger for the past week, I've been writing job application letters, running to as far a Penrith for job interviews and follow up interviews, getting job market tips from my career coach, and lurking on seek.com.au like a pervert on a free-pr0n site.

The good news, I have a job. It will do for the interim - part time barista, so enough to pay the bills, and I may have to knit up some of my stash for a while (yeah - lets see how long that lasts....) but the aim is to have me promoted to a full-time supervisor fairly quickly.

I have also handed in a couple of other applications, so I might still get a job where I can wear funky shoes....

And here are some great pictures I came across while looking up some job-hunting tips... I will just point out that I will be making my art of espresso from behind a very spacious bar...

In knitting news - I have pretty much completed the loopy mohair trim sweater - I just need to sew up the loopy cuffs, and weave in all the ends (all the other sewing is done, with 3 needles cast offs and mattress stitch no less - all so neat and tidy) A more detailed posts with photos will follow soon!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Did you stop by The Wool Inn while you were out at Penrith?

Lara said...

Congrats ! Even a crap offer is better than no offer at all - and hopefully the great offers will start rolling in :)

Lara said...

Which is not to say that working is starbucks is a crappy job! Just that you deserve a job that makes you happy - whatever that is.

I've had enough crappy jobs to last several lifetimes, I know what I am talking about.


(slinking off to take my broken foot out of my mouth)