My Headlines

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I got home just in time...

So the above are all really crappy photos taken whilst raining and in the dusk - however, they were my first glimpses of what I call 'home' - Eastern Beach in Geelong.I always take a detour around Corio Bay when I drive into town because I love the view!
And I made it back to Geelong just in time for a bit of a birthday - for my Pop. I did a bit of frantic knitting, but managed to finish his gift the morning of his birthday...I couldn't resist presenting them a little bit uniquely - and as an added bonus he got all instructions on how to care for the yarn.... And no arm twisting required to get him to model them...
I am hoping these come in handy when he is out on his treadly, or setting up early for those end of season craft markets...
THE STATS

NAME: Pop's Fingerless Mitts
PATTERN: My own
YARN: Cleckheaton Country Silk 8-ply/DK in brown and olive.
YARN SOURCE: stash - from memory originally purchased at a Kmart 20% storewide sale.
NEEDLES:20cm Tulip 4.5mm bamboo DPNs
COMPLETED: 28 April 07

Yarn PR0N

This is the sea-wool I mentioned the other day. Colourways from left to right: stormy seas, forest, woodland, mahogany. I love the way they blend into each one - kinda like the way people play around with koigu. These are too gorgeous to waste on socks - so I have a very ambitious project lurking in the back of my mind...

Vintage Hues

I managed to track down some of the new Cleckheaton Vintage Hues yarn - and have to say I LUFF it! This is the cardigan style 9a in the companion pattern book and it is flying off the needles between gifty projects. The colours aren't anywhere near as bright as in the pic - they're lovely muted pastels. I'll have to do a yarn review for this one.


And a cute pic of Pierre to close!

6 comments:

Lara said...

I'm so happy to see that you're settling in well - and your pop looks very happy with his pressie!

Taphophile said...

Your Pop makes a great spokes model!

You are being very productive - I'm jealous as hell. The sea wool looks great. :)

Kate said...

I'm doing the exact same Cleckheaton pattern but in Vero. I can't say it's flying anywhere becuae I'm juggling three balls to spread the colour. It's good to see that Vintage hues is not so defined like the football jersey syripes I was getting. I may have to aquire some. Pierre is looking gorgeous as usual.

Meg said...

When I read the title of this post I thought you might mention you got home just in time to celebrate Geelong beating the WC Eagles!
Your pop looks so thrilled with those fingerless mitts!

The Shopping Sherpa said...

"...Come on Vogue, let your body move to the music..."

Your Pop is a groover :-)

Jejune said...

Your Pop looks so happy with his warm mwoolies, and justly so - well done! Clever wrapping, too... may have to nick that idea ;)

Pierre is looking as cute as only a pampered puppy can!

Very glad you're settling in :)