My Headlines

Monday, May 21, 2007

FO bragging

Just to answer a few q's - I found the geelong knitters through the yahoo melbourne s'nb' group - the meet once a month on the 3rd Wednesday at the Black sheep cafe (at the National Wool Museum). If you're ever in my neck of the woods on the day of a meet-up be sure to drop by.

And now a little FO bragging:) First of all - for LBB's girlfriend, Smellie's birthday :- as modelled by LBB, my Mum (with incomplete vintage hues cardi) and, of course, Smellie :)

Smellie is completing a mechanical apprenticeship so I like to think of her wearing this to work on cold mornings to remind all the boys deep down she can be a girlie-gal!

THE STATS
NAME
: Smellie's kitty-kat birthday hat
PATTERN: My own - influenced by Stitch'n'Bitch by Debbie Stoller. I didn't like the underlying hat pattern so made up my own.
YARN: Cleckheaton Studio Mohair
YARN SOURCE: Lincraft
NEEDLES:4mm knitpicks options
COMPLETED: 03 May 07




I was knitting like the wind in order to finish these in time for my Nan on mother's day. After the success of my Pop's mitts I decided my Nan needed a pair too - but with one important feature - they must no interfere with knitting!

Again, note the stingey ball-band wrapping!
THE STATS

NAME: Nan's Fetching Mitts
PATTERN: Fetching in Knitty.com - extra cable repeats included for extra length
YARN: Cleckheaton Country Silk 8-ply/DK in Blue - 1.5 balls used to accomodate extra repeats
YARN SOURCE: stash - from memory originally purchased at a Kmart 20% storewide sale.
NEEDLES:20cm Tulip 4.5mm bamboo DPNs
COMPLETED: 12 May 07


Oh - and it appears the pocket-sized pup is also a hood-sized hound. Who'd want a big dog when you can do something this cute?

1 comments:

Taphophile said...

Pierre in da hood!

Loving the hat - you're mum makes it look kind of devilish.