My Headlines

Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's over, Socrates...

Here tis - the hemlock ring doily blocking on my queen size bed. It is about 120cm in diametre - and lovely and warm. I am really happy with the FO - I was rather worried that it would end up looking like a very bad tie-dye job... but the muted neutral colours striped very nicely.

I am rather attached to this one, but have promised a couple of friends I would make them an afghan for their upcoming nuptials. If they fall in love with this one I may end up passing it on, with a couple of cushions to match. Or I may end up knitting another threw-for-the-carch before the month is through :)

4 comments:

2paw said...

Oh it looks fabulous!! The colours look very co-ordinated and merge nicely.

Anonymous said...

looks just gorgeous! :-)
how many balls did you end up using?

Melinda said...

It looks great! Well done!! I would hang onto it if I were you
;-)

Jejune said...

Wow, it's really gorgeous! What a fantastic job - can you bear to part with it?