My Headlines

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pierre the Yarn Snob...

Okay..

I'm not Pierre... Pierre is my 14 week old papillon puppy that has an unhealthy fetish for my knitting (unhealthy because one day I may strangle him with it :) especially if he manages to tangle 4 balls of baby alpaca over 3 rooms again) - but the reason he is a yarn snob is he only tries to 'kill' knitting done in natural fibre - alpaca, wool, mohair, merino... acrylic does not have the same appeal (but that little plastic tube between circular needles is irresistible - go figure...)

However, he is the star of Puppy Pre-School. That dog will do just about anything for a piece of chicken. Last night we started to add 'Drop' to his exstensive bag of tricks (which includes 'sit', 'come', 'where's your ball' aka 'fetch' and 'do me a wiz' aka 'go potty') So really we are just getting started with the basics, but he learnt 'drop' faster than all the other puppies there (Yes - I am bragging like a proud mum!)


Current projects on the go - Lace panel sweater from the Patons 'Jet' book (up to sleeves) and finishing off my 'Joshephine' Jacket from knitty (I have already been wearing it for a couple of weeks, but really must sew all the loose ends in...) Will put pictures up tomorrow.

However, if you are interested in something funny, check out 'You Knit What?' - the stopped adding to it earlier this month, but there are still several hours of entertainment there :)

6 comments:

Tiny Tones said...

I, too, know the shame of being willing to do almost anything for a piece of chicken. Go easy on him - he can't help it.

Anonymous said...

Just out of interest, that arm in the photo is not that of a fellow knitter, but Pierre's 'dad'. I have yet to figure out how to maintain the manual dexterity required for knitting, let alone whilst watching TV at the same time, as my talented girlfriend does with ease!

Kylie said...

Your post totally cracked me up.Pierre is soooo cute :)

Amy said...

Pierre is so cute - even if he does have an unhealthy fetish for your yarn! We are looking forward to him meeting his cousins Toby and Elvis soon.

You have inspired me to drag out my needles again. My latest project is due to be started for the fourth time - a V-neck jumper. Perhaps I will stall a little by knitting some booties for the lovely Alice whose baby is due in 11 weeks. (Should give me enough time!)

Yuli said...

Pierre is such a cute and smart little doggie.
Can't wait to see photos of Josephine!

Ross said...

Best of luck with continued star status at pre-school, no shame in being a proud mum. Drop's a good one- I'm currently working on 'fetch me a beer' with Sam. He can't seem to remember to close the fridge door after himself ;-)