the bad news first -
- I got made redunant from my job at the start of March
- I am still unemployed
- I hate dealing with Centrelink
- The Man and I split up
- I need to find new digs - somewhere pet friendly (for the pupster and I) to live
- Currently I am 'between' fixed addresses, crashing at my parents and couch surfing in the interim
the good news -
- I finally paid off my car loan with the paycheck before I got made redundant
- I entered The Australian Wool Fashion Awards....
- ...and I am a finalist !
- check out the details here - if you make it to the Royal Easter Show look for a green dress with purple i-cord 'piping' - very fitted and very 40s. I don't have a picture because I can't find the dang camera I used :( However, it is knit completely in one piece (apart from the belt) in gorgeous 8-ply / DK / Light worsted merino yarn :)
- I had a fairly good interview for a retail management training position last week so hopefully will be gainfully employed (and not reliant on centrelink) very soon...
- I am surprised at how resiliant I have become - I had quite a bit of crap land on me at once and am dealing rather well. Yay for minimum black dog issues in a time of crises!
Anyway - please excuse the lack of blogging recently... didn't really know how to start telling the negative stuff.
Mum and I will be in Sydney about the 15th of April (next Wednesday) for the presentation night of the Australian Wool Fashion Awards - if anyone wants to catch up while we are in town drop me a line :)