My Headlines

Monday, September 15, 2008

you shouldn't have...

Despite my sporadic blogging of late, I was nominated for one of these:
by Caffiene Faery of Artifically Mythic

There are a few rules...

The Rules:
The rules for award acceptance are as follows:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her website/blog.
2. Add a link to the person who gave you this award.
3. Nominate at least 7 other websites/blogs.
4. Provide links of the nominated websites/blogs.
5. Leave a message at each website owner that you´ve nominated.


So I'll provide a few links to my favourite bloggers...

  1. SallyO at PomPom is one of my best friends form Sydney. She has called herself a GOW (Grumpy old Woman) because she uses her blog to call attention to all the wrongs she sees in the world. Most of these center upon human rights issues and are incredibly thought provoking. I always drop by the minute I see that Sally has updated because I love seeing what is on her mind.
  2. Lara at DiscoKnitter (also one of my best friends from Sydney). I love the complete honesty that Lara shares when she blogs - you get a little window into her life with every post. It was heartbreaking reading about the troubles that happened with her 'spawn', son Inigo, but it makes it so much more rewarding when you read about the good times. And it also helps that he is the cutest spawn ever :)
  3. NinaRibena from NinaRibina makes and Canberra's got style (Greedy gal has TWO blogs). Another person from the 'real world' - my friendship with NinaRibena and her immediate family was the best thing to come out of (what was for me) a very negative 2 year relationship with her brother (okay - maybe second best thing. The Pupster also came out of the same relationship). Check out NinaRibena Makes for her cute and quirky creations (and the occasional quirky photo of her cute little boys).
  4. Emma at Brave and slightly crazy has a very inspiring blog. Extreme lace knitter and aspiring marathon runner, Emma also is a very honest blogger. Currently she is trying to knit a yarn marathon - a goal I think I may also try to attain :)
  5. Julie at SamaraiKnitter who I found via BellsKnits(also worthy of nomination). I think that Julie's blog is a bit of a hybrid between the programming of the discovery channel and the language of MTV, every so often broken up with cute pictures of her daughter and/or cat. Usually when I read this I can at least feel a smile creeping across my face, if not a down right chuckle forming from deep within :)
  6. Jejune's Place is another blog from a Canberra resident, who I also know in real life (but only after getting to know her via her blog). Jejune is the watercolour painter behind the great knitting art that was featured in Vogue Knitting a few issues ago. Also worth checking out to find out what the cheeky Lulu is up to.
  7. And finally -WendyKnits. Wendy updates on a regular schedule and always includes knitting content and pictures of her ragdoll kitty Lucy. (we won't hold that she is a cat person against her- Lucy has such a great personality that we think that she'd just about convert anyone to be a cat person.)

I've left the list at seven (eight if you count Bells!), but if you are looking for some new reading material I do have my whole entire blogroll in the sidebar. Feel free to click away!
(eogh

4 comments:

Caffeine Faerie said...

Forget the sporadic blog posts - its all about the quality!

WendyKnits said...

Thanks for the nomination! :-)

Jejune said...

Thank you for the nomination! I'm not sure when I'll have time to pass on the awards, but will give it plenty of thought in the mean time :)

Julie said...

Aw, thank you for the nomination. I'm especially thrilled with the MTV reference because I lost track of pop culture around 1985. So glad to hear people enjoy the ol' blog.

Happy knitting!