My Headlines

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Everything is comin' up Milhouse!


Fringe!, originally uploaded by pierretheyarnsnob.

Thanks for the good vibes sent yesterday for my interview - I was a little bit nervous, but when I had this fantastic public art installation on my tram (as part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival) I decided that it was obviously a sign that there was nothing to worry about...

And today I got a call to tell me I got the job!

I start on the 6th, so I have just over a week to get my sleeping habits a complete 180 so I am no longer keeping the hours of a vampire bat and can stay awake for my 9-to-5 :)

Don't forget that you should be leaving comments as part of my big 300th post give-aways!

I'll be doing one for the locals, and one for the OS 'tourists' (actually, do those from OS know that it stands for Over Seas - or is that a Oz expression seeing as we have coasts rather than borders??)

Edited to add this cool video that Damo posted to ravelry - if you're not a regular on the Australian Knitters boards you may have missed it





6 comments:

dyoung said...

Love that St Kilda hand rail cover. What's the new job????

Lynne said...

Congratulations!

Emily Jane said...

Congratulations!

I went into the city to check out the knitting explosion - wasn't it fabulous? My contribution was an Eagles tram seat cover. :)

Taphophile said...

Congrats on the knew job - so pleased for you. :) Thanks, too, for posting the video to my Facebook - I watched it twice this morning and was nearly late for work.

Lara said...

Congratulations! I hope the world of employment is good to you :)

Daisy said...

Hey, good on ya, eh! Congrats! Daisy