My Headlines

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Textile Tuesday

In which I do my best imitation of BrooklynTweed's wonderful photography!


I have become obsessed by playing with linen stitch. So much so that I am developing a kind of 'knitted weave' - 

such as twill:

The structure of these stitches makes for wonderful bags - such as this 'mini-clutch', lined with fabric and finished with magnetic fasteners.
And chevron / herringbone:
This one also lined with fabric, but finished with a zip...
Product shoot photos completed today in class. Not only will these be used for my assignment, but also for the dual purpose when I get around to uploading them to the store. I love that my studies are teaching me skills I can use immediately!

And these are a little fun:

I am not sure whether to call this one "feed me" or "Laaaaaaaaaa"...
But this one is definitely called "C is for clutchie, that's good enough for me..."

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow! That looks fantastic,Great job :)

Lynne said...

I love the look of that stitch - I'm going to have to find it on the 'net!

Well done on the purses - they look great. I think the second last photo should be "Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa"!! :-)

Martina.Hoschatt@kabelmail.de said...

Hi!
I have been working with the linen stitch but the effect you have achieved is just great. Would you share with us how you did that?
Regards,
Martina