My Headlines

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sick Sick Sick!

Ugh - I am home from school for today because I am the snot monster from planet mucus!


The absolutely worst thing about taking the happy pills, is that you can not take anti-histamines or pseudo-ephedrines* or any of those other lovely drugs that help you wake up and/or sleep when you have a cold or flu.  So now my head feels like it is trapped inside a high-pressure bubble, my body feels like a whole herd of heffalumps has trampled me, and my brains have been replaced by boogers. There is no way I would make it through 7 hours of classes today plus the 3 hours of train travel - which just makes me feel even lower :(

I am going to anoint myself in vicks and drown myself in ginger honey tea and completely indulge in Dr Phil and Oprah, and then, perhaps a little Simpsons DVDs - and perhaps I'll be able to make it to the Carlton Hotel tonight for the monthly Geelong S'n'B. I could do with a girls night out, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

If anyone has any other good home remedies that work and don't involve gall-bladders of cats or something similar, please, please share!



*Pseudo-ephidrines are actually no longer available in the state of Victoria because they are too easy to turn into speed. So even if I wanted to be norty and mix my drugs I wouldn't be able to. Perhaps I should hang out in some dodgy alley til I find a dealer for speed! 


2 comments:

Lynne said...

For sore throats, my English Nanna always gave us lemon and honey in warm water.

My singing friend gargles with apple cider vinegar; another mixes it with warm water before gargling.

Eucalytus oil in hot water in large basin, towel over head over basin, inhale deeply - does wonders for blocked noses!

Sue said...

I take an anti depressant and also an antihistamine every day - no probs whatever. My GP has never mentioned they cannot be taken together. Wonder why Aus is different.