My Headlines

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Free Pattern: Elegant Drinking Scarf and Tassel Tutorial

This one was a special request for a male friend - a non-frilly scarf one could wear out on the town during Melbourne winter. Oh - but it needed a classic tassel fringe... 

May I present the Elegant Drinking Scarf...

Yarn: Naturally Me: Merino and Cashmere 8ply
50gram balls (102metres) x 4 (one ball used for tassels)

Needles: one pair 5mm needles.

Gauge: 20 stitches/10 cm (this is worked at a looser than recommended tension to create a looser, cushier fabric)


Directions: Cast on 28 stitches. 
knit 4 (purl 4, knit 4) 3 times
Repeat this row until scarf reaches desired length.

Finishing: Weave in all ends. Add a fringe of tassels - a photo tutorial of how to make a tassel fringe is available on my flickr account here

Throw your finished item around your neck, find a pub crawl, and get yourself ever so elegantly wasted...


1 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey there, found your pattern through Ravelry, and I have to say, you read my mind!
I'd been considering designing a very similar one for my partner (something nice, but not frilly for him), and now I can just pick a colour and start knitting.
Cheers!