My Headlines

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Legend says it killed Socrates...

I'm talking about hemlock, of course...

This one is addictive, but not poisonous...

And I blame BrooklynTweed! Ever since he finished his gorgeous chunky Hemlock Ring Doily, it has been begging me to give it a go.
Cast on with Paton's Shadow tweed - I love how organic the colours are, and the ripples caused by the feather and fan. And the pattern is great too - loving the fact that there is only one pattern row in every five. Mindless knitting for four rows is all so much fun!
And best of all - this is knit from stash yarn I picked up at the Wangaratta Woollen Mills last April. So far I am into my third ball.

8 comments:

Jejune said...

Oh gorgeous- I'm a big fan of Shadow Tweed... it will be brilliant!

2paw said...

Fabulous, it looks great and I am glad to hear it is slightly mindless as I'm making one too-once it's cool. And hemlock?? It makes me think of Sherlock Hemlock, the world's greatest detective, though I'm not sure why. I'll have to google!!

2paw said...

He's a Muppet!!!!!!

Lynne said...

Looking good!

Kylie said...

That colourway looks fantastic, it's going to look amazing when it's finished.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Love your choice of yarn. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

looks lovely so far :-)
can't wait to see more!!

Melinda said...

I am about to join the ranks and knit one too!