My Headlines

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

a little insane....

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but the Man is taking me to Thailand for 3 weeks in January (actually, we leave on NYE... and arrive in Bankok at about 8pm...)

Apart from a few things I want to do (heffalump rides, silk and textiles warehouses) the plan is to spend most of our time hammocked up on a tropical island (the basic sort of island, not the resort type!)

I have a bit of a vision of me with a very simple dress I can pull over my head.... something out of bamboo and cotton... oh.. and I want to knit it myself.... hence the insanity :)

I have spend the last couple of days knitting away at this dress while sighing over DVDs of the doctor ('who...?' I hear you ask.... well David Tennant) So far, I have made some progress - I am already up to the waist!

Pictures will be forthcoming...

PS - The time is Thailand is still rather fluid, I'd love any suggestions you have of what not to miss!

3 comments:

Krista Jo said...

The food!! Yum! Take a cooking class. I did mine in Chiang Mai and it was great, but if you're doing island-y stuff you'll be more south than that. I'm sure there are cooking schools in Bangkok, though.

gemma said...

Down with Martha, bring back Rose! (and Christopher Eccleston too while we're at it)
Have a lovely holiday, post photos!

Melinda said...

Can't wait to see photos of the dress! Sounds very organic chic!