My Headlines

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sweater Curse be Damned!





I have to say that I have the bestest boyfriend in the world... he has been keeping me entertained and looking after me (and pierre) quite well over the past couple of weeks... hence the main reason for not keeping up with the blog so well...






Not only does my man find my yarn and fibre stash amusing, he also has no quarms about me pulling out a WIP in public - even if we are having a casual drink in a pub. My Man also is happy to spend a saturday in the workshop to make me an andean plying tool so I stop cutting off the circulation to my fingers when I spin.






He is also a bit of knight in shining armour for me.... I was beginning to have some financial troubles (the job at the LYS fell through and my savings were running out) and he took sword and shield and went to do battle with centrelink for me (I had a claim rejected because of some paperwork/filing error) .






He cooks wonderful, simple food - like the most mouthwatering rissottos made from good fresh ingredients - and is beginning to fatten me up somewhat :) When you are having a bad day, this is the best sort of comfort food!






He also is encouraging me to stretch my comfort zone - the Man has taken Pierre and I to a 'bush block' out in the sticks past Colac, to play at dog beaches and to enjoy walking through the greenery at Daylesford. If he keeps this up, I'll become one of those 'outdoor' people with a camelback and a 4WD and *shudder* a TAN! Oh, and he is taking me to Thailand to spend a couple of weeks on a tropical island for the New Year. (P will have to stay home for that one :(






So... how do you thank a guy that great???






Given that I was having financial troubles, I couldn't go out and buy him a present...






if only I had some talent to show him how much I appreciate all he has done for me...






oh.. hang on... I can knit.. and he had been hinting about a nice woollen jumper...






....but what about the sweater curse....






damnit... !!!!!






I made it for him anyway, and worked on it in secret (rather difficult seeing as we spend near on every single second together) and he tells me he loves it :)






Anyway... I am trying to get back to more regular blogging. In the meantime, enjoy some piccies!







8 comments:

Mandie said...

The Man sounds like a keeper Meg! You sound really content - good for you :-)
The Sweater Curse can take a hike.

gemma said...

You sound happy, and certainly Pierre looks happy. Very nice.

Taphophile said...

Great news! Whereabouts past Colac, asks the girl with firm interests at Irrewarra?

SallyO said...

Wonderful news! And how does Pierre feel about this?

Laura Sue said...

Pierre seems to adore him, and what else matters, really? Have you knit Pierre a sweater? And has Pierre left you? 'Nuff said.

Jejune said...

Oh I'm SO HAPPY for you! Wonderful news - he's a keeper!! Even Pierre loves him :D

Sometimes Unwilling Guru said...

Simply fantastic,and drop dead gorgeous to boot,you lucky thing!!The jumper looks fantastic too,well done!!!!How on earth did you manage to keep the jumper a secret?

drewzel said...

Jumper = fab!
At the risk of sounding crass, I don't know any good boyfriends that wouldn't always appreciate a thankyou BJ.
(sorry!!) haha.