My Headlines

Saturday, March 10, 2007

FO - Loopy Mohair Trim Sweater

Over a month ago I said I had nearly finished this - but I dragged it along to Rubi and Lana today to attempt finishing it.. and after several hours of playing with stray ends and a darning needles...


ta-dah!


THE STATS

NAME: Loopy Mohair Trim Sweater
PATTERN:Patons Leaflet 2118 (now out of print)
YARN: Patons Totem 8-ply crepe in Old Gold colour, and matching Patons Loopy Mohair
YARN SOURCE: Hornsby Wool and Craft Nook, and Spotlight
NEEDLES: 4.5mm tulip bamboo 80cm circulars and Addi Turbo 5.5mm circulars
COMPLETED: 20 Mar 07 (knitting completed 02 Feb 07)


I got a great compliment from Kate whilst at Rubi and Lana - she said my invisible mattress stitch seams were worthy of the knitting guild :) I felt incredibly proud at that moment - I took great care to actually swatch to get the correct gauge, and then to take the time to mattress stitch the seams. Without looking too closely at my weaving in of ends (I am still uncertain how to do that neatly) I think I have completed a rather professional looking item!


Shadow Tweed..


I got a couple of comments following my yarn review yesterday, so I am briefly revisiting this topic.


Firstly - I have mentioned in a couple of previous posts, but I bought my Shadow Tweed at the Wool Inn at Penrith about 3 weeks ago. From what I understand, Patons and Australian Country Spinners launched the new seasons yarns and colours the week prior to my purchase at the Stitches and Craft Show. My guess is that they are filling stockists orders as they come in.


Also - I have wound up/knitted 4 of the 8 balls I bought, and so far have not found any knots or sticks/twigs. The colour graduations and changes seem to be fairly uniform and consistent.

3 comments:

abe-hap said...

well done on the sweater looks great - now i know where im sending my shawl jacket when Im finished knitting it, to you to seam it for me *lol*

Bex said...

Ooh i love Shadow Tweed, just bought some from the Lincraft in Sydney City and i agree, nice colours and nice quality!

Maureen said...

Hi, I came across your blog ( which I'm really enjoying) after Googling Patons 2118 the pattern you knitted in Old Gold..very nice.

My problem is that after carefully knitting up to the arm hole of the left front the instructions say to decrease when the length is only 11 inches.

Now, I'm not a tall person but please!!!


Have I missed something? Is my pattern wonky?

Thanks for any suggestions, though I could just knit on I guess!