My Headlines

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ebay is a 4-letter word...

First and foremost - I have to say a big congrats to Lucy-lou and Hubby Lou for their new arrival yesterday. I have recieved word that Dilby now has a little brother, that, for purposes of this blog, I shall dub "Huey". Huey, welcome to the world!

And on that note, I will be venturing to Canberra for a week over Easter to meet Huey and provide some Nanny services for Dilby, and am hoping to gate-crash a Canberra s'n'b while I am there!

And now, why ebay is a 4-letter word...

A couple of mondays ago, I came home and found two boxes on my doorstep.

One was my rockin' sock club initiation parcel containing folder, sticker, badge, skein and the cutest ever mini-skein of emergency sock yarn :) (I haven't started the pattern yet - I need to get some smaller sock needles and want some knitpicks DPNs so am waiting for them to come in stock)

The other parcel, a big box which was a moment of insanity on ebay. If you ever see the words "I am reducing my stash, see my other items" DON'T click the link...

You may also end up with all of this on your living room floor....
disregarding the STR - I have there a bunch of blue Rowan cotton tape and "Rowan Cotton tape collection by Kim Hargreaves", Jo Sharp DK Heather in Viola and a copy of "Knitting Bohemia", Rowan linen drape, Debbie Bliss cashmerino super-chunky and a "The Cashmere collection" and two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport. Oh, and Pierre with a toy, competing with the yarn for attention...

The yarn and books all came from the one ebay seller, whose stash I have now inherited.

And I don't really feel all that guilty.... I have really only seen the Cashmerino superchunky at one LYS and it retails for nearly $22 a ball - and this same place has "The Cashmere Collection" for just over $40... I got all of my goodies for less that the 10 skeins of superchunky would cost locally, and that's including shipping from the States. So really, four garments and a pair of socks - all of luxery yarns, is probably a fairly good buy.

However... I think I shall have to convince my internet security that ebay is an evail, dirty site and it should never, ever load it ever again on my computer to stop any more moments of insanity like this!

I'm off to pat my cashmerino!

5 comments:

Jen Smith said...

You have convinced me further to stay far far away from eBay. Unless of course I feel the need to thin my own stash. Muahahahaha!

Bells said...

Yes! Come meet with us! I'll find out who else is around over Easter.

And I am sworn off ebay at the moment. I'm as bad as you are!

Taphophile said...

eBay bad, evil, dirty place. Never ever go there.

I'll be around over Easter - we'll do something.

Taueret said...

oh wow, I saw that auction and had to nail my hands to the table to keep from bidding. Enjoy!!

Jejune said...

Aaah, shopping therapy, almost as good as knitting therapy ;) Wonderful haul there!

We'd love to see you in Canberra - and please send our congratulations to Lucy-lou and family on the safe arrival of Huey!