My Headlines

Monday, March 12, 2007

DVD Winners...

are listed in this post....

But first - meet 'Shadow'
Shadow was a serendipitous mistake! While playing with dye last week, I tipped over my bottle of black, and used the skein of yarn I was dying to mop it up.

I was trying to get some great forest greens and navy blues - but after cleaning up the spill, thought I was only getting black and green.

As the yarn was drying, I realised that I must have spilt some pink dye a little earlier on (I was dying on a black marble bench - so the pink spill wasn't visible!) and ended up with these fantastic maroons and mauves in the skein.

I put Shadow (and its twin) on my esty site last week, and, if you pop over there now, you will see that it has gone missing - neither for sale or sold. Because Sally wants to take it (and it's twin) off my hands. So this fantastic mistake yarn , that I probably will never be able to re-create - is my first yarn sale!

YAY ME (oh, and YAY Sally!)

...and now the winners...

Bells, Ape-Hap, ChocolateTrudi, TangelledAngel, Jejune, Taph, and Carrie...

Send you address to ginger_nut(at)bigpond(dot)com - you have Tropfest DVDs coming your way!

4 comments:

Bells said...

hooray! I love winning. :-)

abe-hap said...

thanks for the dvd - i have to google tropfest as i havent a clue what it is *lol* have you been spinning these skeins with the merino you got a while ago? because they look great if they are.

Jejune said...

Thank you for the DVD! I'm very excited by this all - what a cool surprise :D

Love the Shadow wool - what sort of black dye do you use / spill ?

Lynne said...

Ah, serendipity!

Sally has great taste - I love that skein.

www.2hot2knit.blogspot.com